Angels in the Snow?

We have been ‘snowbound’ for three days.  Jerusalem is in a ‘lockdown’.  No one can enter and no one can leave because of the roads.

I was thinking of how our situations are totally impacted by our positioning and calling.  We were in the heart of the Alps in Switzerland last February.  There was deep snow everywhere and we hiked and walked and enjoyed every second.  Snow was life-giving there and quite ordinary in the winter months.  Here, snow is great for a few hours, but it quickly becomes life-stopping.

This is so like life:  It all depends on where we stand and what we see.  If I am on a diet, a pan of brownies can drive me crazy and I will want to eat the whole pan.  If I am not thinking that way, I can see them, eat one and walk away.  The first day it snowed, I bundled and walked and walked and saw friends and had a great time. Today, the thought of going out and getting messy does not sound great at all!

When things get stressful, I become calmer and calmer.  Others I know, under stress become more and more intense.  We all see differently…We all react differently.  It is the beauty and the challenge of ‘being fearfully and wonderfully made’ and being unique individuals.  I am free to rejoice in Swiss snow and stay home in Jerusalem snow.  Angels in the snow come in different forms and in different ways–depends on how we see it all.

Meanwhile, I think I will grab a cup of tea, a good book and enjoy the silence……

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Hitachi italiano esperanza

Lick Nextdoor Margout Norway Long

Porter Robinson - Lionhearted ft. Urban Cone